WEB SITE OVERVIEW
Some of the features of the RCWE web site product include:
- National base which means better Australia wide integration of data..inaust.org Site Setup
- Access from anywhere internationally to add data
- Primary console page for the entire Members area of the web site
- Use of web pages for members to add data
- No requirement for Dreamweaver or Frontpage knowledge
- Newsletter header can be customised by the club to suit individual look and feel
- Automatic reflection of club logo and RI Theme for the year on all members pages
- Allows for direct addition of registrations/apologies for meetings or events
- Allows for immediate display of all event and meeting information
- Nothing is entered twice…ie increased efficiency and accuracy of information
- User configurable links to existing web pages (ie no loss of existing club development work)
- User configurable Meeting Rosters (8 off) , Member Roles (20 off) and Sub Roles (20 off), Committees (20 off), Sub-Committees (20 off).
- District Site integration which allows for addition of monthly summary statistics by clubs, Upcoming Club Leadership Profiles for Changeover, Login by Secretary, President and President Elect, District Member contacts, group email collation and publication
- Integration between clubs eg Interclub Blog, Shared Speaker Register, Viewable District Member Contact Details, Direct Login from Club to District for Club Leaders.
below is a picture of our RCWE Newsletter
with myself logged on:
- Automated file upload system for Member files and for Public files with sub- folders if required and auto-numbering and upload date added to file name.
- If a file is to be modified then by downloading, modifying and uploading the same file the code simply overwrites the previous file and there will be a difference in the last modified and file name date.
- All Member records available with mail direct from listed email addresses
- Up to date Address list for all members – each member looks after their own details
- Automatically collated group emails for all members or specific committee members or for Friends of club
- Input and data kept up to date by members themselves
- Automatic email to Secretary when member details change for inclusion in CAS
- Makeups on line, attendance records on line with continuous calculated status for each or all members
- Makeups listed by Make-up date and by Registration date for ease of input into CAS on a monthly basis
- Alternatively the web site has been built to completely substitute for CAS with monthly reports being generated to District.
- Attendance can be input automatically on the day if required or printed onto A4 and added after meeting
- Member account statement on a year to date basis for each year with outstanding dues and meeting payments. Can be listed by Treasurer for each or all members.
Events and Meetings
- Registration for events – directly linked and displayed in Newsletter
- Registration of apologies for meetings - directly linked and displayed in Newsletter
- Complete speakers database with access for adding details from public pages
- Ability to link a speaker to a meeting so that changes can be put in place
- Automatic email to Event organiser with cc to person registering for Events only
- Direct input into the club Newsletter for creation and editing of articles, advertisements, and notices by Members and Friends which include overseas exchange students
- Direct interaction to input data from the newsletter interface
- Ability to list and view all newsletter articles
- Quotes added into database for display on week by week basis
- Restriction of available pages based on Member Role in the club to make it easier for members to come up to speed
- Articles displayed inside newsletter interface for ease of access. Automatic sizing of photos.
- Articles can contain links to other web pages either on the local site or external
- Past articles can easily and quickly be found
- Direct access to previous issues
- Extremely small storage space ie 50-80 kb/newsletter inc. photos. and 130kb/article including photos.
- Use of FCKeditor for editing news objects
- Automatic logging by the server of all uploaded documents, new events, changes to events and new forum topics.
- Listing of the logged changes on a week by week basis to suit the Newsletter timetable with links to the added or changed data
Blog and Forum
- Ability to ask questions in a forum environment